Students at a number of universities read my comics and I have given workshops and talks (in person and virtually) at universities including Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo, Wayne State University, UW-Madison, Boston University, Lehigh University, Utica College, and Hollins University. I’ve also done workshops and talks for community groups, pharmacists, hospitals, high schools, and more.
I tailor workshops specifically for each group. For an example of my facilitation style, here is a graphic medicine workshop I led recently (grab some paper and a pen if you want to play along)! Some general workshop themes I offer:
- Art and Play in the Classroom (for teachers)
- Character Writing and Drawing
- Creating Instructional Comics
- Drawing Gender
- Drawing through Writer’s Block
- Drawing and Writing for Social Justice
- Graphic Medicine
- Small Group Facilitation and Telling Your Story
Email me if you’re interested in booking a workshop or event: firstname.lastname@example.org.